Tuesday, December 31, 2013

AHSC #36


I printed this photo by mistake the other day, then while I was organizing things here in my craft room I found my layouts from Convention in Orlando this summer and realized I had just a few scraps left that would be perfect for this picture so I set everything aside. Then I saw this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! The sketch was perfect for the picture - funny how things come together sometimes!
The punched border was fun to create. If you haven't tried working with border punches you should! It's really easy...
There is a painted image right on the punch so you just line up what you last punched over the image & continue punching for a perfectly spaced border. On the backside of the layout I have attached a strip of smoky plum cardstock.

Here is the sketch for this week...
Hope you decide to create something & post on the AHSC blog!

7 comments:

Michelle Stewart said...

Great layout, it really did work out nicely. Glad my sketch helped you out!!

Shari M said...

This worked out great. Super idea. Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC

Barbara Himelman said...

Great layout !! I use border punches quite often, but never the way you have. I love it. thanks for the inspiration , and thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge !!

Brandi said...

Great layout, I love when people use layouts for the AHSC sketches, I have been doing layouts too; I need to get some pictures scrapped. I really like how you kept true to the sketch and made a layout, great job and thanks for playing along.

Mary Ellen Driggs said...

Your layout is lovely.

Thank you for playing along with us at AHSC.

Hugs,
Mary Ellen, AHSC DT

fresh.by jess said...

What a great layout! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts!

Jessica DT

Krista Ritskes said...

Fabulous layout! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts.