Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

cardboard art!

This is my 2014 Christmas art!
It's a piece of scrapbook paper mounted on cardboard with some edge distressing, some ink distressing, a couple of Cricut cut outs and some embellishments left over from previous projects!
After I cut the tree branch on the Cricut I dry embossed it with the CTMH Woodgrain embossing folder. Then I inked the branch with gold pigment ink. The bird is also cut with the Cricut and I used the gold ink around the edges of the bird and mounted it with foam tape.
Making your art hangings with a cardboard base makes them very lightweight & great for hanging almost anywhere!
Now I'm off to create some garland so check back later to see how it turns out!

Garland complete!
I cut holly leaves with the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge in 2 sizes, then used tape runner to attach the leaves to each other and strung them on Kraft covered wire. To distress the leaves I rubbed my ink pad over the cut leaves while the CS was still on the cutting mat.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love that bird.. Actually your whole project is great.. LOvE the garland also.. love the AP cart..
thanks for playing along at AHSC>
LAura

Linda Norman said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

Linda
www.scrappytherapy.com

Brandi said...

Wow, what a great project, I love it! Thanks for playing along with AHSC.

Brandi R.
ASHC DT member
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Lisa said...

Both are so pretty! Love that paper and the contrast of the red bird....